Friday 3 August 2012

Dream In colour...

Just sent off three postcard size pics for an exhibition that's part of the Knaersborough festival running from the 10th of August to the 19th. the theme is ''wish you were here'' with artists asked to explore a sense of time and place through tourism but within the restricted postcard size of 6 x 4" I have some old slide images of my sister and myself enjoying family holidays in England and combined these with some postcards that I received as a child from my uncle and father as they worked and travelled around the world at about the same time that the slides were taken...



I combined and layered the images using photoshop as there wasn't enough time, only two to three days notice, to do any hand pulled ink and print work, then printed onto 300gsm archival paper which has a soft ivory colour giving the finished image a more aged and worn feel.


The messages on the postcrads are quite poignant to me and do give me a real sense and memory of that time in my life....


Hopefully the images will also trigger similar memories for others who spent their annual family holidays caravaning around England, making sandcastles on very wet windy beeches, dressed as identicals in newly hand sown clothes made by their mums especially for the holiday...
and as always I hope I continue to dream in colour...

More information about the festival can be found following this link www.feva.info/

No comments:

Post a Comment