Monday 25 November 2013

Abundance Exhibition...

On Friday the 22nd of November I attended the opening evening of an exhibition I'm part of until the 1st Of December celebrating the Abundance Project in Sheffield and the fantastic work that they do. It's being held at Sheffield Independent School of Art on South View Road and the opening evening gave me an excellent opportunity to stand with my work for the first time and gather independent feedback from people visiting the exhibition. I was really please with the way my stall looked and that my work had a cohesion to it....


 
 
The feedback I received was amazing all positive and really made my evening. It can be so difficult working isolated at home to know that things are looking as good as you would hope they can so the chance to discuss my ways of working and share and sell some of the end results was a real bonus.
More about the work of the Abundance project part of Grow Sheffield can be found following the link at the bottom of the page- here's what they have to say about the exhibition:
 
''Abundance has been active in Sheffield since 2007; and as a result many volunteers, artists and creatives have produced artworks on the Abundance theme. Our exhibition will celebrate this body of work by bringing all these works together under one roof to be displayed alongside new works made this year.''
 
 
If you get chance pop over to the Old Junior School which houses Sheffield Independent School of Art and take a look at the exhibition. All community run and organised, some very worth causes joining together all of which need our support to keep doing the good work that they do
 

http://growsheffield.com
http://growsheffield.com/abundance/

More about the Sheffield Independent School of Art and the Creative Action Network can be found here:

http://creativeactionnetwor.wix.com/creativeactionnet

No comments:

Post a Comment